Portland Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Representing Accident Victims Throughout Oregon for over 35 Years
Every year, thousands of individuals are injured or killed in accidents on the roads and highways of our country. Of the many car accidents which occur annually, approximately 100,000 of them involve pedestrians.
Pedestrians and those on bicycles are among the most vulnerable accident victims. Without the protective steel shell of an automobile, pedestrians can encounter dangerous and often fatal impacts with other vehicles, the road, and objects.
When pedestrians and bicyclists are injured due to the negligence or misconduct of other drivers, they may be eligible to claim financial compensation for the damages they sustain.
Call the Portland pedestrian accident attorneys at Law Offices of Timothy Grabe at 971-645-7176 to find out how our firm can help!
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Statistically speaking, those who sustain injuries in all types of pedestrian or bicycle accidents are often children and the elderly.
Speeding is often a contributing factor to such accidents, though other factors may be involved, such as:
- Driver inattention
- Disobedience of traffic laws
- Failure to stop at pedestrian crosswalks
- Driving while drunk/drug-impaired
In the case of bicyclists, motorists often fail to see them or may consider them a road hazard.
It is important to retain legal representation as soon as possible following such an accident so that all of the necessary details can be handled to improve your chances for a favorable recovery.
These may include:
- Eyewitness statements
- Accident reports
- Medical reports
- Other significant information
We recommend that you contact our firm to arrange a consultation after any type of accident caused by another’s negligence at your earliest opportunity.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
Although we may not be able to predict when other drivers decide to act recklessly, we can take extra precautions to ensure greater safety and reduce the risk of pedestrian accidents.
Whether you are walking alone or in groups, or at night, remember to follow these safety tips:
- Be visible to drivers. Wear bright or reflective clothing, especially when you are walking at night. Before crossing, make eye contact with the driver so he or she sees you.
- Avoid distractions. Avoid using your smartphones or listening to loud music while walking. You should always be aware of your surroundings and stay alert at all times.
- Use crosswalks. Avoid jaywalking or using unmarked walkways. When a driver doesn’t expect pedestrians, they are less likely to see when someone is crossing in front of them.
- Obey traffic rules and signals. Cross only when traffic allows you to, but never assume that you have the right of way.
Legal Help from Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a pedestrian or bicycle accident in or around the greater Portland area, you should get qualified legal assistance as soon as possible. The Portland personal injury attorney at the Law Offices of Timothy Grabe has been representing accident victims for over three decades.
Tim Grabe is fully versed in all of the legal aspects of injury claims and lawsuits, including how to deal with insurance companies who fail to live up to their obligations in such cases. Whether through skilled and determined negotiation or through civil litigation, he can fight for your legal rights and interests in achieving a fair and just settlement recovery.
Contact our Portland personal injury attorney if you have been injured through negligence by another as a pedestrian or bicyclist today.