Portland Car Accident Attorney
Injured in a serious auto accident? Turn to our firm for guidance.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an auto accident, you may be wondering what to do next. We understand that dealing with the aftermath of an accident can be an overwhelming experience, especially when you have been faced with costly medical bills and time spend out of work, so we encourage you to seek guidance from the legal professional at our firm as soon as possible. Despite how caring and concerned the insurance company might sound over the phone, it is important to understand that they are not on your side – we are. The unfortunate truth is that they will do whatever they can to minimize your damages and maximize their own profits. For this reason, you should not hesitate to turn to someone that you can trust. When you come to our firm for help, you can rest assured that we will fight for you.
Securing Maximum Compensation for the Damages You Have Suffered
Auto accidents form the leading basis of personal injury claims and lawsuits in this country. Many factors contribute to traffic accidents involving cars, trucks, and SUVs, including drunk and drug-impaired driving, distracted driving (texting, talking on cell phones, eating, drinking, and engaging in other activities while driving), speeding or disobeying other traffic laws, driver fatigue, weather conditions, driver inattention, and more. Such accidents can result in serious injuries, including broken bones, loss of limbs, brain and spinal cord injuries, and more, as well as death. When you have been injured due to the negligent actions or inactions of another, it can impact both you and your family for weeks, months, or even years into the future.
Physical injury, emotional trauma, and the stress of financial losses connected with time away from work and accumulating medical bills can wreak havoc on your life. In such cases, a personal calamity can turn into a financial disaster. At such a difficult time in your life, you may need the experienced and skilled support and assistance of a Portland personal injury attorney who can handle all of the legal details connected with your accident and who will fight to ensure that you receive the financial compensation you deserve. At the Law Offices of Timothy Grabe, P.C., you will find such an attorney who will work diligently on your behalf and who has a long history of successful settlements and courtroom verdicts.
Taking the Right Steps after a Serious Car Accident
When you have been involved in a serious car accident, it is imperative that you take the right steps thereafter—as failing to do so could jeopardize your chances of recovering compensation. Although your health should be your first priority, it is also important to focus on the matter of protecting your rights. The other party may move quickly to point the finger at you, regardless of whether or not you were actually at fault, so you will need to ensure that your case is adequately supported with evidence. In order to do so, it is highly recommended that you follow these steps immediately after a collision:
#1: Exchange information with the other driver
- One of the first things that you will need to do is exchange information with the other driver, including their name, phone number and insurance information. If they are uninsured, this is something that you should discuss with an attorney—as there are still ways in which you can recover compensation in Oregon.
#2: Take pictures of the damaged vehicles & the scene of the accident
- This is a step that you should not forego after an accident, even if you are only able to take pictures with a cell phone. This form of evidence can be highly beneficial to your case later on, as it may even help you to show that the other party was at fault, so it is recommended that you adequately document the scene.
#3: Speak to any witnesses that were present at the time of the collision
- Securing witness testimony can be particularly beneficial if the other party has blamed you for causing the collision. For this reason, it is always a good idea to speak to anyone who was present during the accident and collect their contact information so that you can call on their testimony at a later date.
#4: Seek medical attention as soon as possible
- Seeking medical attention after an accident is important for a number of reasons. First, you will want to ensure that any injuries are treated as soon as possible. Second, you will want to ensure that the extent of the physical damage is adequately documented. Finally, you will want to ensure that an injury is not overlooked.
#5: Avoid giving a statement to an insurance adjuster
- Soon after an accident, you may start to receive calls from an insurance adjuster. They will want you to make a statement about the circumstances of the collision, but it is highly recommended that you avoid saying anything before you have had the chance to speak to an attorney—as your statement could be used against you later.
#6: Contact a Portland personal injury lawyer immediately
- Regardless of how minor the accident was, it is usually a good idea to speak with an attorney. They can inform you of your rights and help you to determine which course of action to take thereafter. If your case does not warrant the involvement of a legal professional, our firm will tell you so during your initial consultation.
Searching for a car accident lawyer in Portland, OR?
Our team approach to car accident cases involves a support team of medical and financial experts who can help us analyze your situation, document your injuries and losses, and present your injury claim or lawsuit in the most comprehensive and effective manner possible. Whether you have been hit by a drunk driver, uninsured motorist, or someone else guilty of some form of negligence, our firm has the legal skills and knowhow needed to help you secure the most favorable outcome possible, whether through negotiation or through civil litigation. All you have to do to get started is pick up the phone and contact our Portland personal injury lawyer at (503) 825-2115 for a free initial consultation.
View the firm's profile at FindaCarAccidentAttorney.com.